Image from here.
Isn't it amazing that something so inconspicuous as this little root can make such a delicious soup like the one I did today! :)
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
400 g of scrubbed Jerusalem artichoke ( peeled if not organic)
1 shallot ( I used ordinary onion because I was out of shallots)
2. 5 dl of non dairy cream ( I used one from oat milk)
salt & pepper
1. Scrub and sliced the roots in pieces and put them in cold water (so they don't get brown) while you fry the onions. I fried them in water as I am trying to eat as little oil as possible, you can fry them in a little butter or oil.
2. Cook the roots lightly in a little water, before adding some vegetable broth, approx 5 min.
3. Add the oat cream and cook until completly soft, approx. 10-15 minutes. then mix thoroughly with a hand mixer.
4. Sample the soup adding lemon juice, salt & pepper till the taste is just right.
Later I'm hoping to do some more cooking ;
The Beet & Spinach Salad that I didn't get to do last time.
The Chai infused Pears also that I didn't get to do last time.
A main course with chick-peas (probably something Indian)
And maybe some cookies!